Autism Society of Broward County
The Autism Society of Broward is a volunteer organization of autism parents and professionals. Though not a service provider, per se, we assist families with support groups as well as social, recreational and educational opportunities. All of the funds we raise go right into our community-based programs.
We are an affiliate of the Autism Society of America. The Autism Society of Broward County has had many accomplishments in the areas of advocacy, information and referral, and parent support. ASB has been the impetus to initiate many educational programs for autistic students in Broward County. We have been involved in the advisory process of initiating programs on the preschool and elementary level such as the Program for Autistic Secondary Students (PASS).
Family and Community Support Service
- Monthly Parent Support Groups: SPEC and SPEC-North
- Scholarships for summer camp programs
- Autism Awareness Campaigning – Support of organizations such as the Center for Autism and Related Disabilities (CARD).
- Co-Sponsorship in many local Autism Events and ESE Parent Trainings.
- Maintain active collaboration with local public and private schools to educate in autism
Autism Society Programs
Family Activities and Events, building community such as:
- Swim and Safety Events – In conjunction with the city of Sunrise – Activity to teach our kids how to swim and be safe. Chaired by an ASB Board Member.
- Yoga for our Kids – coming soon!
- Weekly Tennis Program – Starting in September! To sign up now click here.