Board of Directors
Fabiola Ana Torrez, President
- Special Needs Advocacy Coordinator at Unlocking Children’s Potential, Advocacy Program at UCP – Broward
- Permaculture Yogi Urban Habitat PDC Certification
- Certified Level 2 Instructor at Creative Relaxation®: Yoga Therapy for Children with Autism and Special Needs
- PAIRS Certified Instructor
- Certified Awesomism Practitioner, Level 2
- Completed Psychology Undergraduate Studies at University of Saint Andrews in La Paz, Bolivia
- Ms. Torrez is mom to Miguel, an amazing 15 year old boy in the spectrum
- Ed Walsh CAC (Certified Addiction Counselor)
- HR Director/UR Coordinator-Fort Lauderdale Addiction Treatment Center
- Academy for Addiction Professionals CAC
- Union Institute and University BSW
- Mr. Walsh is the grateful father of 13 year old Johanna, a child on the autism spectrum, and enjoys playing music for good causes in his spare time.
- MBA, NYU Stern
- Marketing Leader for Penn Dutch
- Ms. Gottesman is married with 2 boys, the oldest of which has Autism with greater challenges
UM-NSU Card Liason
Ms. Sara Ferguson, a South Florida native, earned her Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology, with honors, at Florida State University. Ms. Ferguson has worked in the field of developmental disabilities for over 10 years, gaining experience in both clinical and educational settings. She has worked in a variety of environments with a wide range of ages and diagnoses.
Dr. Brian Udell
Dr. Brian Udell practices Special Needs Pediatric Medicine in Davie, FL and is author of The Autism Doctor. He is the Medical Director of The Child Development Center of America and a leader in the healthcare industry with over 36 years of experience.
Dr. Galen Chun
Dr. Galen Chun is a Licensed Clinical Psychologist who has been working in the mental health field since 1997. He is the Director of Psychological Services at College Living Experience (CLE) and specializes in young adults with ASD in his private practice. While at CLE he developed a social curriculum designed to pragmatically help young adults develop social skills by using them in a real world setting. CLE now uses the curriculum nationally as part of their holistic program aimed at strength based goals. Dr. Chun’s areas of expertise include Learning Disabilities, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, and Health Psychology.
Jennie Trocchio, Ph.D.
Autism educator, consultant, DIR/Floortime Provider • Founder of Autism Education and Development Solutions • Launched Florida’s first DIR/Floortime school • BS and MS from University of Miami in Special Education, reading, and ESOL • Ph.D. from Barry University in Leadership and Special Education with a focus in autism. • Dr. Trocchio combines passion with profession to tirelessly seek real-life opportunities in developing the profession, to broaden understanding, and to improve the lives of those within the greater autism community.